Volunteers contribute to every aspect of the hospice by sorting donated goods to sell in our shops, reeting visitors in our reception, providing care for service users, maintaining our sites and ardens and helping in our offices.
Our volunteers are essential to the work of the hospice.
Whatever capacity you choose to volunteer in, your help will allow us to continue to deliver our services to people with life-limiting illnesses and support families in Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire.
How could I help?
If you have a few hours to spare whether short or long term, on a regular or irregular basis, we'll have a vacancy for you:
To apply for one of our current volunteer vacancies, please click on the role that you are interested in and this will open the application form
- Patient Transport Driver do you have a full UK drivers licence and some time to spare? we need people that can drive our vehicles to transport service users to and from the hospice day therapy unit.
Support Services (based at Chamberlain Road, Hull):
- Dulcie's Community Café to serve customers with food and beverages, maintaining a high level of customer service
- Maintenance to support the Caretakers with general maintenance duties at the main hospice site in Hull
- Gardening assisting with gardening duties at the main hospice site in Hull, possible to assist with general weed control/clearance at various shop sites when needed
- Housekeeping assisting with domestic duties at the main hospice site in Hull
Income Generation (based at Chamberlain Road, Hull):
- Retail Shops If you are interested in volunteering in one of our 35 shops, please complete the retail application form and simply hand this into your nearest Dove House Hospice shop and the Shop Manager or Assistant Shop Manager will discuss what opportunities they have available with you
- Fundraising Events to support the Fundraising team at events including stewarding, bucket collectors, selling raffle tickets, assisting with auctions, hosting a stall
- Cash Box Collector using the departments vehicle to collect cash boxes that have been filled
- Lottery Telephonist to assist the Lottery team with outbound courtesy calls to our lottery members
- Lottery Driver to assist the Lottery sales team by using the department vehicle to collect cash from our scratch card sale points
- Lottery Events to assist the Lottery Sales Team at events throughout Hull and East Yorkshire by selling raffle draw tickets, scratch cards and promoting the Dove House Lottery
*we have 35 shops throughout Hull and East Yorkshire, please click here to find your nearest shop
Warehouse (Based at Malmo Road, Hull):
- Ebay Assistant to photograph items and upload onto the Dove House eBay site, assisting with feedback, packing, posting and any issues, it is important to have a good working knowledge of computers and more importantly, people who use eBay and/or have knowledge of or an interest in collectables, antiques, vintage clothing, vintage toys etc
- Warehouse Driver to transport donations and make collections/deliveries within Hull and the surrounding areas. Drivers must hold a full UK licence and be over the age of 25
- Warehouse Drivers Mate to assist our team of drivers with collections and deliveries
- Warehouse Sorter to sort through donations that are received into our Warehouse includes books, DVDs, clothing, furniture etc
- Trading Company Picker/Packer to select items of stock and prepare it for delivery to our shops. Tis vacancy is for Monday, Wednesday, Friday 13:00 until 15:00
- Clerical Support (Retail) to assist with a variety of admin tasks such as data inputting, laminating, copying, shredding etc. This vacancy is for Fridays
- Transport Office Assistant to assist a very busy Transport team dealing with members of the public to arrange collections and deliveries of stock, liaising with the drivers and Warehouse Manager. This vacancy is for weekdays 10:00 until 15:00
- Receptionists to offer a warm welcome to visitors at the main hospice site on Chamberlain Road. Dealing with members of the public via telephone and face to face, greeting patients and family members and directing guests.
- Clerical Support (Volunteer Department) to support the Volunteer Coordinator with recruitment events, processing volunteer applications, sending out applications forms as requested and general office duties,
Due to the volume of applications we receive, incomplete forms will not be processed and we are unable to accept applications from anyone under the age of 16
If you would like further information about volunteering with Dove House Hospice, please contact:
Dove House Hospice
tel: (01482) 785747