The Education Department at Dove House Hospice provides short day/evening courses, study days, lectures and workshops for health and social care professionals, assisting them in providing appropriate palliative care within the community.
We provide education to the whole range of staff involved in the care of people with life-limiting illness and bereavement. The people who attend our events and study days come from:
- Care homes
- The community
- Social Services
- Other hospices
The education both assists staff to give up to date quality care to patients and families, and raises awareness of the issues surrounding specialist palliative care.
What if I need to cancel?
If you need to cancel your place, please let us know in writing (by letter or email) at least 28 days before the event for a refund (note that all cancellations are subject to a £5 administration fee). If you cancel with less than 28 days' notice then we reserve the right to charge in full, though in such cases we would encourage you to send a colleague in your place.
What if an event is cancelled?
Dove House reserves the right to cancel events at short notice. Such cases are rare, and we offer a full refund of the event fees. We also reserve the right to change trainers and the programme if necessary. You will informed of any relevant changes at the earliest opportunity. For further information on courses & conferences please contact us at:
Practice Development Team
Dove House Hospice
Tel: 01482 785783
We are pleased to offer training sessions on a number of different subjects including:
- End of life care issues
- Loss in schools
- General hospice information
We can adapt our courses to meet your specific training needs. The training can be provided to any groups including health & social care professionals, care homes, schools and other organisations.
Upcoming Training Courses
- Study Day - Caring for someone at the End of Life, Wednesday 22nd March
- Lunch & Learn, Tuesday 18th April
- Hospice Lecture: Ethical Issues in Palliative Care, Thursday 27th April
- Workshop - Simple Hand Massage Techniques, Tuesday 2nd May
- Lunch & Learn, Tuesday 16th May
- Study Day - Revalidation, Tuesday 16th May
- Information Afternoon, Thursday 18th May
- Study Day - Caring for someone at the End of Life, Wednesday 31st May
- Bereavement Session - Lost for Words, Thursday 8th June
- Study Day - Revalidation, Tuesday 13th June
- Lunch & Learn, Tuesday 20th June
- Study Day - Do not attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNACPR), Friday 23rd June
- Study Session - An introduction to Presentation Skills, Tuesday 27th June
- Study Day - Compassion in End of Life Care, Friday 30th June
Also check out our schedule of Pathfinder evenings- a range of informal monthly events at Dove House exploring issues around death and dying
For further information or to book a place please contact the Education and Practice Development Team email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (01482) 785783
We are currently working on this year's Education Course booklet, which will be available for you to download soon.