Please note our visiting times are 2pm-7pm daily, visiting outside of these times is at the discretion of the Nurse in Charge. Please speak to the Nurse in charge or call 785705 if you have any questions.
All visitors will be asked to do the following:
• to ring the hospice 784343 prior to visiting.
• to wait in reception they will then be taken onto the unit by a Ward Helper.
• check if they have any symptoms or are feeling unwell, if so they will not be allowed onto the unit.
• to wear a face covering which covers the nose and mouth and allows the wearer to breath comfortably. Visitors will be asked to provide their own face covering where possible however we will have some face coverings available for use by visitors who do not have one.
• to use hand gel and wash their hands as they enter and leave the unit. If patients are in a shared bay then they will allowed 1 visitor, if they are in a room on their own they will be allowed 2 visitors. We will ask you to be mindful of social distancing. While we are not able to allow children under 16 to visit patients at the hospice as they normally would, we are able to allow this in certain circumstances so please do talk to the Nurse in Charge if this is something that you feel is important to the patient, you and your family at this time.
Keeping connected – We are aware that this is a particularly difficult time and that you would like to keep in touch with your loved ones so we are happy to arrange alternative methods of communication such as Whatsapp video calls or Zoom. Please ask the nurse in charge so that we can facilitate this.
Thank you for your cooperation.